Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock is seeking experienced candidates for an anticipated USAID project that will accelerate resilient, agriculture-led economic growth and increase food security in Malawi. The project is expected to use a market systems approach to promote access to and adoption of improved inputs, market information, extension and advisory services, market access, and post-harvest services. The project will use innovative partnerships to incentivize private sector investment in modernizing Malawi’s agriculture sector while increasing production capacity and market access for nutrient-rich value chains and building resilience for smallholder farmers.
The Finance and Operations Manager ensures the effective financial and administrative functions of the project. This includes managing financial, tax, and human resources administration, as well as managing procurement and logistics processes in alignment with project requirements and standard operating procedures.
- Oversee the project’s human resources, finance, procurement, and administration functions – including supervising related operations staff;
- Oversee and build the capacity of operations, administration, and finance staff in organizational policies and procedures;
- Develop systems and processes to ensure project compliance with USAID rules and regulations and Winrock’s organizational policies;
- Formulate and implement office policies and procedures in line with Winrock policies and Malawian laws and regulations;
- Monitor contracts to ensure consultants, subcontractors, or local vendors (as appropriate) are working within the budgeted level or effort and/or period of performance;
- Work closely with the technical team, in coordination with finance staff, to monitor financial obligations to ensure budget availability and allocability;
- Work with the home office in close communication with the COP/DCOP and technical teams to prepare accurate spending projections and monitor expenditures using the project’s budget tracker.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Degree in business, accounting, public administration, or a related field, plus demonstrated industry experience
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible professional experience, including as a manager/supervisor;
- Strong financial management and operational skills and experience;
- Minimum of seven years of experience on donor- funded programs is required; experience on USAID-funded programs preferred;
- Experience in conducting due diligence tests in the form of pre-selection assessments, financial reviews or audits, or some other form of accountability assessments;
- Experience in Malawi required
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software (Microsoft)
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software
- Excellent written and oral communication skill in English required
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit winrock.org .