Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners. In 2020, EGPAF’s global footprint spans 15 countries. To date, EGPAF has supported over 15,000 sites to offer HIV counselling, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services alongside high-quality family health care. J oin us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence?based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 179 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) ?funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi.
EGPAF seeks to fill the following open position
Position : Field Supervisors (2)
Department : Research
Location : 7 District (Ntcheu, Dedza, Mchinji, Blantyre, Chiradzulu, Thyolo, Zomba)
Duration : Monthly Contracts extended as needed
Reporting to : Study Coordinator
Field Supervisors will supervise and validate the data abstraction process .They will oversee activities conducted by the Research Assistants and will perform quality control and quality assurance measures of the data collected. Specific details are outlined in the job description below.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Working in a team under the supervision of the Study Coordinator.
- Training in data collection methods, research ethics, and research tool use.
- Supervising Research Assistants who are performing the data abstraction
- Performing quality control and quality assurance of the data
- Successfully liaising with MOH staff to ensure that correct data from the data sources is obtained
- Taking care of research tools /equipment to be used in the evaluation
- Participating in meetings with the research team to discuss and review data collection activities and propose implementation strategies.
- Trouble shooting and resolving challenges encountered by the Research Assistants
- Providing weekly updates on data abstraction process to the Study Coordinator
- Bachelor`s Degree in health sciences (nursing, clinical medicine, public health etc)
- Experience using tablets including ODK software
- Current registration with their controlling bodies
- Ability to do quality control and quality assurance procedures
- Prior research experience is a requirement
- Prior knowledge of MOH registers is a must
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience in research, especially in public health related research
- Previous experience in data entry
- Professional and respectful
- Ability to build rapport with MOH staff
- Self-motivated with good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Fluency in English and Chichewa
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: BIPOC (black, indigenous, and other people of color), women and non-binary, LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender), individuals with disabilities, and other members of historically underrepresented groups.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact [email protected]
To apply log onto EGPAF webpage : https://www.pedaids.org/about/careers
Closing Date: 8th August, 2021