The Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS) is a new University formed by merging College of Medicine and Kamuzu College of Nursing and established by an Act of Parliament (No. 20 of 2019). It is a comprehensive health and allied sciences University that trains health professionals that are globally competent but locally relevant.
The Blantyre-Blantyre Research Facility within the Kamuzu University of Health Sciences is implementing a COVID-19 vaccine immunogenicity study (OCTAVE study) in Blantyre and Chikwawa Districts. Blantyre-Blantyre Research Facility is urgently seeking suitably qualified, highly motivated and hardworking candidates to fill the vacant positions listed below.
The appointments will be made on a fixed term basis for 12 months, which may be renewed depending on performance and availability of funds.
Field Research Assistant (2 positions)
Reporting to the Lead Research Nurse and Project Coordinator and liaising with OCTAVE study staff, KUHeS, QECH, and DHO staff, the post holder will be responsible for assisting Research Nurses at COVID vaccination sites as designated by the PIs and Project Coordinator and facilitating accurate and complete capturing of study participants according to the study protocol.
- Carry out COVID vaccine procedures in accordance with research protocols as set out either by the PI/Co-I/Project coordinator
- Be aware of, and work using the Quality Control protocols, both internal and external
- Keep both paper and electronic records where appropriate
- Monitor equipment at regular intervals according to set protocols where appropriate
- Adhere to the principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Check stock and report levels to the appropriate member of staff.
- Work within the Health and Safety protocols of the department.
- Assist in obtaining informed consent from study participant
- Assist in enrolling study participants
- Timely transportation of the specimens to Blantyre-Blantyre Research Facility
- Prepare and store specimens according to set protocols
- Assist in completion of case report forms
- Assist in Conduct QC of study data
- Assist in developing, revising and updating standard operating procedures for nursing care of study participants
- Assist in the training of new staff as appropriate
- Assist Research Nurse in disbursement of study participant’s reimbursement funds
- Assisting Research Nurse in ordering and accounting study supplies at the study site
- Assisting the Research Nurse in collating and compiling data on screening, enrolment and follow-up processes for submission to the Project Coordinator
- To participate in regular study team meetings to evaluate and plan study activities
- A minimum of a Diploma in Public Health or Community Development obtained from accredited University or College
- Health research experience
- Those in possession of GCP certificate will have an added advantage.
Suitably qualified candidates should forward their application letters, CV’s with 3 contactable referees and copies of Certificates to:
Kamuzu University of Health Sciences
or via e-mail to: [email protected]
Applications sent by email must be submitted as a single PDF and copied to the Blantyre-Blantyre Project Team Lead: Dr Mwapatsa Mipando ( [email protected] )
Applications should be submitted not later than 22 nd October 2021 . Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.medcol.mw .