PROJECT : Titukulane LOCATION : Mangochi/Zomba
DURATION : 3 Months START DATE : August 1st, 2021
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches to potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance, and agriculture. We also mobilize and support these decision-makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
The Titukulane project aims at understanding the impacts of food security initiatives being implemented in Mangochi and Zomba. Using RCTs, IPA will work with project implementing partners to collect data in the project areas. The study is expected to provide evidence on the effectiveness of the project in ensuring food security and improving the socio-economic status of the beneficiaries.
IS SEEKING FIELD OFFICERS (40 POSTS)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Field Managers, the Field officer is responsible for:
- Undergo an intensive training
- Familiarization with the missions of IPA
- Accurate collection of data through tablet phones according to the protocol of IPA
- Accurately report progress and challenges regularly to Field Supervisors
- Ensure data integrity is maintained at all times and minimize errors in recording data
- Maintain team cohesion and respect among team members
- Demonstrate integrity and understanding during interaction with community members/leaders and partner organization staff
- Punctuality: both to a determined daily schedule, scheduled meetings with local leaders, and any other meetings
- Maintaining security and quality of project assets and materials
- A Bachelor’s Degree/College Diploma or equivalent in any research-related field
- Must possess a valid Human Subjects certificate by Collaborative Institutional Training Institute (CITI)
- Familiarity with Survey CTO, ODK, or any electronic data collection software
- Experience conducting long surveys on tablets is a strong plus
- Excellent verbal communication skills in both English and Chichewa ( Yao language will be an added advantage).
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and excellent listening skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, apply by completing the CTO survey using this link by midnight July 8th, 2021:
In this link, you will be required to fill in your identification information, upload your CV, and answer practice survey questions. Your application will be considered only if you complete and submit the survey.
DISCLAIMER : The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer –Titukulane . The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.
To apply for this job please visit depr.surveycto.com .