PSI Malawi is affiliated to Population Service International, a Washington DC based non-governmental and nonprofit making organization. PSI Malawi mission is to support low income and at- risk Malawians to lead healthier lives through the provision and promotion of quality products and services, in line with the Government of Malawi goals. To accomplish its mission, PSI Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position;
Family Planning Provider
Reporting to the Team Leader, the incumbent will be responsible for service provision of all SHRH services to clients at Mobile Outreach Clinic. Specifically, he/she will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities;
- Ensure clear and well-arranged client flow at an Outreach Clinic and assist in preparing clients for procedures
- Ensure the equipment for Family Planning (FP) procedure is cleaned and processed in line with set infection prevention standards and regulations
- Conduct opt out HIV counselling and testing services using national testing guidelines
- Ensure that RH equipment and supplies are adequate, ready and available on daily basis for outreach activities.
- Provide FP services according to PSI Malawi Service Delivery protocols during outreach clinics.
- Ensure that client counselling and education standards, including contraceptives choices, are adhered to at all times.
- Completely perform implant and IUCD insertions and removals on clients and counsel on wound care including how to report complications.
- Assist BTL Procedure on Clients and counsel on wound care including how to report complications
- Appropriately manage and refer complications and/or adverse events reported during outreach clinics as per AE communication and referral protocol.
- Strictly adhere to service delivery, quality assurance and quality improvement guidelines and standard procedures
- Attend and actively participate in monthly online QA/QI continuous professional development/medical education (CPD/CME) sessions
- Attend and actively participate in monthly team level quality improvement review meetings
- Correctly and completely fill client intake forms and registers
- Ensure availability of RH tools, guidelines, protocols and checklists at the site for use and reference by team
- Successfully demonstrate technical competence during periodic performance assessments
- Contribute effectively to team work through active participation in team activities and tasks
- Ensure improved demand for services through identification of actionable innovations
- Ensure that funds requisitions and fuel reconciliation are done on time
- Update the stock status regularly and keep the inventory record
- Ensure that drivers are operating according to policy and following fleet wave system
- Compile daily and weekly data reports
- Ensure safety of equipment and supplies at a team level.
Qualification, Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’ Degree or Diploma in Nursing (RN) & Midwifery
- Must be registered with Nurses and Midwives Council Malawi.
- Must have pleasure and open attitude serving clients including the youth.
- Must be willing to travel 75% of the work time in rural areas.
- Must be self-starter effective team player and demonstrate verifiable result-oriented track record.
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their application letters together with detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of at least three traceable referees by 21 st December, 2021 , to The Head of Human Resources, PSI Malawi, Box 30132, Lilongwe through: [email protected] with the job title as a subject line .
PSI Malawi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or related medical conditions. PSI maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts or threats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors or anyone associated with the delivery of our programs and services, and takes seriously all complaints of misconduct brought to our attention.