RECRUITING EHSS OFFICER (reference 2021/ehs/001)
One of the country’s leading agricultural business, specializing in the production of macadamias, based at various sites within the district of Lilongwe. is looking to recruit a highly dynamic, motivated and skilled individual as an EHSS Officer.
The Environment, Health & Safety and Social Officer will proactively promote a positive Health & Safety environment for all employees, oversee environmental protections and ensure that the company’s social impacts are positive. The EHSS Officer will work across all parts of the organization, providing specialist advice and support on these matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement an Environmental & Social Management System.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify safety, health, social and environmental risks and implement preventative measures at all locations including farming operations and processing facility
- Develop and implement inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
- Develop health and safety procedures for all areas of the company.
- Prepare and schedule training to cover emergency procedures. workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
- Monitor compliance with safety procedures.
- Monitor and report on EHSS metrics.
- Incident reporting and follow-up with corrective actions.
- Ensure applicable permits are in place and liaise with Statutory and Government Offices.
- Preparing and delivering presentations on EHSS performance.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Management, Occupational Health & Safety or related discipline
- In depth knowledge of the applicable EHSS laws in Malawi
- At least five years of related experience preferred.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Extensive knowledge of environmental, occupational health and safety regulations and policies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel. Word and PowerPoint)
We offer a very competitive remuneration package so as to attract the best individual for this position. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply. Interested qualified candidates should email their CV’s, quoting the above reference number and including copies of respective certificates as well as references to
Closing date 15th September 2021.