The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is a nonprofit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore established by UMB to carry out UMB’s programs to strengthen health systems and improve the human condition in the areas where UMB operates through MGIC. MGIC has UMB-approved affiliates, field offices, and program offices (collectively known as “country offices”) throughout sub-Saharan Africa. MGIC activities are funded generally by U.S. government entities through cooperative agreements with UMB. The University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) has received PEPFAR funding from the US government /CDC for Accelerating Malawi’s PEPFAR Laboratory Logistics and Infrastructure for Quality (AMPLIFY). This cooperative agreement aims to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control. AMPLIFY will strengthen the laboratory efficiency, capacity, and quality through improving laboratory infrastructure, improving laboratory data utilization for decision making, training human resources, and adhering to quality management systems.
Drivers will be responsible for driving, taking care of and reporting about the institution’s vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive project vehicle as requested by the management to assist with the smooth project implementation.
- Checking basic maintenance of assigned vehicle (oils, tyres, coolant, lights, battery) regularly.
- Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and in a good running condition all the time.
- Maintain vehicle usage logs all the times.
- Communicate with Administrative Assistant on vehicle service bookings in good time.
- Reports any accident, noise or suspected malfunction of the vehicle to the Administrative Assistant immediately.
- Minimum of Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE).
- Minimum of Five years’ experience in similar position
- Experience working a donor funded organization is an added advantage
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Must possess clean and valid driving license, including PG.
- Able to communicate (writing and speaking) in English.
- Possession of a valid defensive driving certificate is an added advantage
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com .