Do you wWant to be part of a growing GLOBAL, DIVERSE, REMOTE and RESILIENT team? If so, tThen READ ON…
The Global Humanitarian Surge Platform is looking to hire a resilient, top notchworld classs humanitarian professional to join our team as a Deployment Manager.
The Deployment Manager is a key role within the deployment management function of the GEHSP and will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the identification and safe, rapid deployment of trained, pre-cleared humanitarian and technical staff to all categories of humanitarian emergencies and global programs.
- Providing a quality and timely service to meet the surge capacity needs of response teams and global programs.
- Implementing fit for purpose, end-to-end deployment systems and processes;
- Providing direct line management to a cohort of Humanitarian Surge Team staff (HSTs) and support to Technical Experts (TE), Humanitarian Standby Surge (HSS) and Humanitarian General Surge (HGS) as assigned.
- Deploying to emergencies (up to 50%).
To be successful in this role you will The ideal candidate should have prior experience in managing a team and working in a humanitarian response. Ability to speak an additional language (French, Spanish, or Arabic,) in addition to English, is an advantage.
For more information about the requirements and role’s scope and purpose, please check the attached Job Description.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role can be based anywhere and is offered on the basis of compliance hiring.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children.? We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 4 Jan 2022
Closing date: 16 Jan 2022 – 18:59 CAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contract
To apply for this job please visit malawi.savethechildren.net .