Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues. MACRO’s Vision is ‘A Malawian populace that enjoys good quality of life be it physical, mental and social wellbeing’ and its Mission is ‘to provide high quality HIV and AIDS and other health related services to the Malawian population.
With funding from CDC through Lighthouse Trust (LHT), MACRO is implementing the Achieving HIV Epidemic Control Through Quality HIV Testing Services: The Pivot Project and will be extending its services to the Central and Northern districts of Ntchisi, Lilongwe, Mzimba, Rumphi, Nkhatabay and Likoma. In order to efficiently and effectively execute its mandate, MACRO is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions tenable in health facilities of the districts listed above.
DATA OFFICER – (1 Position Lilongwe)
The Data Officer will be responsible for data entry, processing and management following the Standard Operating Procedures for data management as well as compiling weekly and monthly reports.
- Assists in planning, development and implementation of an appropriate information management information system
- Assists in organizing necessary documents and records for Project related activities
- Collects, analyses, and interprets data and information generated from HTS Projects activities
- Assists the M&E Officer in compiling periodical project reports for the project
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a MSCE Certificate or its equivalent
- Minimum of Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or any related qualification
- At least Two years’ experience in clerical, IT/Automated data capturing, processing analysis and interpretation. In addition, have experience in managing Local Area networks with basic understanding in usage of IT equipment
- Basic knowledge in Data processing tools development
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees to The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is Sunday, 22 nd August, 2021. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.