PSI Malawi is affiliated to Population Service International, a Washington DC based non-governmental and nonprofit making organization. PSI Malawi mission is to support low income and at- risk Malawians to lead healthier lives through the provision and promotion of quality products and services, in line with the Government of Malawi goals. To accomplish its mission, PSI Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position;
Data Entry Clerk
Reporting to the MERL Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for overseeing the quality of data generated at outreach clinic/site level, review the data for errors, missing pages, or missing information and resolves any discrepancies with the team leaders before entry. Specifically, he/she will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities;
- Resolves deficiencies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution before entry
- Maintains database by entering new and updated client information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Reviewing client intake forms for data deficiencies.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data SOP’s
- Ensuring teams have sufficient tools for data collection
- Purges files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Establish data entry priorities
- Implementing and maintaining high data quality standards and M&E SOP guidelines at site level
- Strengthening M&E systems and functional areas of the data management and reporting system at site level
- Verifies integrity of databy comparing it to source documents.
- Maintains a filing system and protects confidential client information
- With the support from the MERL Officer, perform regular grams and data quality assessments;
- Facilitate and identify site level data challenges
Qualification, Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Applicants must have Certificate or Diploma in IT, Computer Science, Statistics, Demography, M&E certificate with 2- 3 years’ experience in data entry
- Must be attentive to detail.
- Must be able to multitasking effectively.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Comfortable working independently with minimal supervision
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their application letters together with detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of at least three traceable referees by 16 th September, 2021 , to The Head of Human Resources, PSI Malawi, Box 30132, Lilongwe through: [email protected] with the job title as a subject line .
PSI Malawi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or related medical conditions. PSI maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts or threats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors or anyone associated with the delivery of our programs and services, and takes seriously all complaints of misconduct brought to our attention.