Training & Research Unit of Excellence (TRUE) is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and highly motivated Data Cleaning Technician to be based in Zomba or Chikwawa. Appointment will be made on a renewable contract basis of 6 months.
To transfer research data from printed / written documents to electronic database format, and perform checks on the quality of the data provided and entered into databases.
- To work only under guidelines and standard operating protocols (SOPs) as laid out by the Data Manager, Team Leader and/ or Principal Investigator.
- To enter data into research databases
- Present necessary clinical updates to Team Lead, Data Manager, and research coordinators in order to identify any data collection or recruitment procedure gaps.
- To run procedures for identification of data entry discrepancies (differences) and check listed discrepancies against source data documents for research studies.
- Manage routine data, including data cleaning and entry in the ODK Data Kit and REDCap software platform to ensure completeness and quality
- Report any errors identified during data review to appropriate team members and assist in resolving issues with guidance from appropriate team leads, build new components of database data collection and aggregation tools
- Maintain master copies of data collection forms (ensuring accurate updating as needed) and supporting documentation for data management system in electronic venue accessible to relevant teams
- To liaise with the Data Manager and the Team Leader, or his/her appointee in addressing queries raised in 3, 4 and 6 above.
- To know and follow Standard Operating Procedures adopted by the Data Team.
- To maintain all equipment entrusted to him/her and report any break-downs preferably in good time for remedial actions to be taken
- Pull data from the company system on daily basis.
- Ensure the clinical trial database are updated and accurately captured in system.
- Check and verify the accuracy and completeness of data recorded in relevant databases.
- Amend any inaccuracies data in the system.
- Any other duties assigned by the Data Manager, Team leader and Site Manager from time to time.
- The candidate should be a holder of Diploma in information processing or computer science or statistics
- Experience in REDCap, Open data Kit (ODK) and Mobile computing
- Good command in spoken and written English.
- Excel in data analysis and data maintenance.
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, Vlookup and etc.).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable to handle high volume of data.
- Capable to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Interested in clinical research
TRUE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate according to nationality, gender, race or religion.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
All interested applicants with the required qualifications and experience should complete their details below:
Closing date 24th May, 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Expected start date: 2021
For more information about the job and how to apply please follow the link https://forms.gle/mgnxMBw4GF3VApch8
Closing date for receiving applications is 24 th May 2021.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle .