The CIRCLE is a local non-governmental, non-profit making organization registered in Malawi under the Trustees Incorporation Act. The Circle is guided by an overall mission to create an environment that promotes quality, timely, adequate, safe, and appropriate child-centered and youth-friendly services in and out of school. It is committed to improving the well-being of children, youths and their families through interventions in the areas of early childhood development, sexual and gender-based violence, mental health and psychosocial support, and economic empowerment. We are looking for an Intern to join our vibrant and passionate team to assist in the implementaton of the communications and knowledge management strategy.
- Amplify the visibility of the Circle through media and other channels.
- Plan and execute regular social media outreach to generate engagement among social media followers on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Assist in message development, drafting and editing content, including reports, social media posts, and other external and internal communications.
- Assist in organizing projects’ site visits, facilitating photo coverage and TV footage.
- Assist project team to document lessons learned through case studies, stories of change, and other methods.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of events, meetings, and presentations.
- Update and maintain contact database for stakeholders and partners, including media.
- Provide timely and effective responses to inquiries for public information materials.
- Perform any other communications-related duties as required.
You will need
- No working experience is required to apply for The Circle’s internship. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit The Circle during your internship.
- List the IT skills and programmes you are proficient in using, and explain why you are the best candidate for the internship and what you hope to gain from it.
- A minimum first-level university degree in Communications, Journalism, Social Science, Business Administration or related field is prefered.
- Graphic design, photography, and videography experience are desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate with people at different levels.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Chichewa.
Please note that the closing date is 15 th October, 2021. Applications should be emailed to [email protected] . Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The CIRCLE is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have a sustained impact. We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all.