Who we are:
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people’s lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital?product solutions?and strategic communications initiatives––bringing?a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and?our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team?with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives?and solutions flourish.
Clear Outcomes, a Bixal company, seeks a collaboration, learning, and adaptation (CLA) Specialist to support the Chief of Party (COP) in providing MEL services to the USAID Malawi Mission for the five-year Learn to Perform (L2P) activity. The CLA Specialist(s) will support the Chief of Party (COP) and USAID to provide guidance, technical leadership and technical oversight for teams supporting CLA assignments for USAID and their partners. The CLA Specialist(s) will provide expert level support and advice on how projects could work together more effectively, how to better use data to learn and ultimately adapt programming. The ideal candidate will be an innovator and enjoy learning and new challenges. An excellent facilitator of groups, workshops and events—the right candidate can provide technical oversight on all types of CLA deliverables (such as learning events, pause-and-reflect sessions, meta-analysis, adaptation plans and scenario planning). The CLA Specialist(s) will have experience managing consultants and sub-contractors, a budget, and the safety and security of staff. This is a full-time proposal position contingent on contract award.
- Support the COP to deliver high quality CLA services as required by USAID, able to deliver on all areas of MEL (health, economic growth, governance and humanitarian support)
- Represents the company to USAID technical officers and implementing partners
- Provides senior level technical and managerial support on projects, such as learning events, workshops, training, analysis or other tasks as required
- Assists with trouble shooting and problem-solving when the need arises, including delivering services to the client when required
- Master’s degree in relevant field or Ph.D. in the social sciences
- 5+ years of experience in collaboration, learning and adapting of international development programs
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects in Malawi
- Experience as a trainer preferred
- Experience with CDCS development and portfolio reviews preferred
- Recognized senior level expert in USAID’s approach to collaborating, learning and adapting
- Strong people skills
- Excellent trainer and committed to capacity building approaches
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Loves to learn and willing to experiment with new technology and new ways of working
- Technical expertise in one or more thematic sectors (such as health, democracy and governance, education, civil society strengthening, environment etc.) a strong plus
- Ability to work as part of a cross-cultural team with a high degree of sensitivity and cultural competence
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Clear Outcomes is a woman-owned management consulting firm that provides solution-oriented monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning support to international and domestic organizations. With expertise in health, governance, humanitarian affairs, capacity development, education, and the use of technology (big data, machine learning, AI), Clear Outcomes aims to provide expert consulting support and solutions. We work with governments, non-profits, universities, foundations and the private sector to support solutions for their needs.
To learn more about Clear Outcomes, please visit our website www.clearoutcomes.net
To apply for this job please visit clearoutcomes.net .