CCAP Nkhoma Synod Health Department invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced applicants for the positions of Clinical Officer tenable at Nkhoma Mission Hospital under Eye Department. This is a three-year (36 months) Employment Contract subject to renewal based on overall efficiency, conduct and diligence with which the employee is discharging his/her duties as well as the overall performance and availability of funds.
CLINICAL OFFICER – GRADE K
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervising staff under him/her in their routine daily work.
- Examining, screening patients and prescribing for patients
- Referring patients for laboratory tests.
- Administering admissions and discharges.
- Conducting minor surgeries, and local anaesthesia.
- Ordering and monitoring the proper use of drugs.
- Preparing duty roster for staff.
- Referring patients to other departments.
- Supervising the recording patients’ data in relevant registers.
- Supervising, aggregating, analysing and interpretation of data.
- Disseminating information to all relevant stakeholders including submission of weekly/ monthly reports to the designated officer.
- Working hand in hand with Nursing In-charge at all times.
- Supervision of time management.
- Making sure that the work area is clean.
- Reporting important matter to the line manager.
- Reporting any workshops/training for any member of staff to the respective. officers/heads of department.
- Any other duties that may be deemed reasonable for the post.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a Diploma in Clinical Ophthalmology or Diploma in Clinical Medicine (with interest in Ophthalmology) obtained from a recognized training institution and must be registered with Medical Council of Malawi.
- At least 1-year practical work experience.
- Utilizes good communication skills that demonstrate respect and contributes to a good Clinical-patient relationship.
- Adheres to the code of medical council ethics for Malawi in her practice.
- Registered with Medical Council of Malawi.
Note: All applicants should be conversant with the teachings and traditions of CCAP Nkhoma Synod.
Applications must be submitted together with copies of certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae which should include names and detailed contacts of at least three traceable referees and applicant’s current working phone numbers. These should be sent to the following address by close of business on 30th October, 2021.
The Human Resource Management Officer,
Nkhoma Mission Hospital,
P. O. Box 48,