Mzuzu University is Malawi’s Second Public University established under the Laws of Malawi Cap 30:09, Mzuzu University Act No. 12 of 1997. The University is a dual mode public institution and hence has face-to face and open, distance and e-learning (ODeL) students. Mzuzu University also offers some of its programmes on block, week-end and vacation releases and through collaborations with international partners. The University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling day-to-day medical problems of students, staff and their dependents, and other clients;
- Running Antiretroviral and Sexually transmitted Infection clinics; and
- Any other reasonable duties pertaining to the management of the clinic.
- A Diploma in Clinical Medicine obtained from a reputable and accredited institution of higher learning;
- A Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role in a busy and reputable medical facility; and
- Be a paid up Member of the Medical Council of Malawi.
Competencies and Skills
- Excellent communication skills;
- Interpersonal relationship skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and able to interact with both staff and students;
- Attention to detail; and
- Sensitivity to confidential information.
Mode of Application
The application should include an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional qualifications as well as the names and contact details of three traceable referees. The job title should be indicated on the envelope and sent to:
Private Bag 201
Or Electronic Submission:
Electronic submission of the application should be sent as attachments in PDF or MS Word format to [email protected] . The subject line of the application should show the position being applied for. To reach the University not later than Friday, 13th August 2021 . Note that only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.