About the Organization
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
1 year fixed contract until 30 September 2022
· Diploma/Degree in Clinical Medicine / ICU Nursing with strong Medical skill and 2 years’ experience in clinical medical with COVID 19 experience.
· Registered with Medical Council of Malawi
· Good interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
· Good experience in working with different teams
Excellent oral and written communication skill
· Two years’ experience in clinical medicine and in COVID 19 experience is desirable.
· Plan and schedule COVID 19 / ETU visit with the district lead,
· Prepare the ETU teams and equipment
· Asses all clients for in ETUs
· Conduct infection prevention procedures and quality assurance.
· Conduct assessment of ETU clients with the ETU staff
· Provide clinical management of COVID 19 clients in the ETUs
· Provide clinical training of COVID 19 case management according to Malawi guidelines
· Mentor ETU staff on the QI and infection prevention
· Provide TA and Direct Service Delivery to the leads of the authorized entities running the response to COVID- 19
Train Health workforce on use of respiratory support equipment and the clinical management of COVID-19 disease.
Facilitate access to supplemental oxygen, and advanced respiratory care for severe COVID-19 for all health care workers.
Oxygen usage – respiratory therapy and related equipment, administering O2, connecting the regulators to a cylinder, changing a cylinder, and weaning off a patient from Oxygen. (Mentored staff in the preparation of oxygen cylinders with regulators and oxygen).
Use of Oxygen analyzer and O2 Concentrators, use of Y connectors to use 2 concentrators on one patient for more oxygen provision and how to analyze the output of the concentrators.
Ladder-of-care with oxygen administration and innovative measures to improve saturation including Proning techniques.
Oxygen flow meters installation and monitoring.
Mask utilization and proper way of taking off mask.
· Assist in future trainings
· Participate in quality assurance visits and be responsive to evaluator concerns
· Ensure maintenance of supply log and equipment checklists at site
· Ensure patient information is accurately collected and maintained in accordance with monitoring and
· Compile reports and documentation around project
· As needed, provide clinical direction and set-up support for new/district sites