World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 34,000+ staff members in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life.
Through our work, every 60 seconds… a family gets water… a hungry child is fed… a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Chief of Party for the USDA Food for Progress (FFPr) Project, you will:
- Direct and oversee grant implementation, ensuring that all strategic objectives are met through proper design, staffing, implementation and quality assurance
- Ensure appropriate project quality support to consortium members through purpose leads
- Oversee that bottlenecks and challenges to project impact are addressed at various levels of stakeholders using forums such as Technical Working Groups, donor/government led coordination meetings and meetings with consortium member project managers
- In collaboration with partners’ Project Managers, design and facilitate regular project learning events with consortium partners and other key stakeholders, ensuring that lessons of sound practice are documented and disseminated through project implementation and review.
- Supervise a team of senior level international and national staff with skills across a diverse set of technical areas
- A Master’s degree in development studies, international relations, Agriculture, nutrition, public health, business administration, or related field or equivalent qualifications in grant management and work history in developing countries.
- 10+ years of extensive international development experience managing large grant-funded projects.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with international assistance program requirements, preferably USDA Office of Food for progress (FFPr) policies, rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with USDA FFPR (FAS) programs, as well as experience managing programmatic and financial reporting
- Experience working/living in countries in Africa. Familiarity with the Malawi context.
Strong verbal communication skills, strong presentation and report writing skills.