Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org
Malawian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Counterpart International is currently seeking a Chief of Party to support the anticipated Governance for Solutions (GfS) opportunity. The overall objective of GfS is to identify, learn and build on successful approaches to improving sector specific quality and access of public services in particular localities. specifically the activity objectives are to: a) build Stakeholder Coalitions: Identifying coalitions of stakeholders committed to resolving specific problems in their district, institution, or community. b) analyse problems: Problem construction, deconstruction and problem-driven sequencing. c) secure buy-in to test solutions: Building consensus between stakeholders to adopt new practices d) test and adapt solutions: Testing and adapting practices that solve problems for local authorities and citizens. e) provide opportunities for diffusion: Facilitating the diffusion of these practices to additional localities based on the observable and scalable benefits they offer to those in the position to adopt them. This position is full time and will serve through the life of the project.
Responsible for overall project leadership, management, technical direction, oversight, and quality, and maintaining relationships with USAID and stakeholders. Responsible for ensure the timely submission and quality of all project deliverables. This position requires experience in senior-level program management with USAID or other donors.
- Advanced degree in a Business Administration, Economics, International Development, Social Sciences, Political Science or other related field;or an under graduate degree with significant professional experience leading governance programming.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in international development;? Minimum three years working on governance programs.
- Experience supervising teams of diverse staff and demonstrated leadership capacity;
- Previous experience managing USAID-funded programs highly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience managing and implementing development projects focused on public policy reform, government accountability and civil society strengthening, preferably in Malawi and/or Southern Africa;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively in advanced, complex, and politically sensitive contexts;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with partner and government representatives, donors, and other stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadline and deliver quality outputs;
- Experience with adaptive management approaches preferred;
- A creative thinker focused on solutions, innovation in program delivery and a commitment to achieving tangible results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit careers-counterpart.icims.com .