Chemonics International, a U.S. based international development consulting firm, seeks a Business Processes and Financial Management Expert for the anticipated follow-on to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (the Global Fund) Malawi National Supply Chain Integration project. The current Global Fund Malawi National Supply Chain Integration project supports the government of Malawi’s national supply chain integration initiative by strengthening the Central Medical Store Trust’s (CMST) operating systems and processes to ensure the sustainable supply of health commodities through one integrated supply chain.
The Business Processes and Financial Management Expert will lead the development and implementation of relevant financial strategies for health commodities to ensure timely availability and uninterrupted delivery of health products at service delivery points throughout Malawi. The anticipated start date is January 2022. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Illustrative Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Work with the Director of Finance with significant interaction with the Director of Pharmaceutical Operations and the Quality Assurance manager and other members of the project team to ensure that the process improvements are embedded within SOPs and other controlled documents of the organization.
- Develop a continuous improvement regime that will be sustainable beyond the terms of this contract.
- Further to ensure that the warehouse management processes are aligned to the financial processes, resulting in improved management reporting within the financial systems and control over both inventories and gross margins.
- Be responsible for improving the management reporting of both inventories, financial data and KPI’s on a timely basis.
- Support the implementation of the CMST corporate strategy and business operating model.
- Review CMST costing structure and pricing and implement strategies for driving down costs to market comparable benchmarks and implement a strict debtor and creditor management discipline.
- Implement improvement debtor and creditor management framework and develop tools for reliable tracking of debtor and creditor management and tracking.
- Implement the revenue generation sustainability strategy that will ensure healthy revenue flows and a sustainable financial management model.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential functions.
Required Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- Extensive professional experience in financial management, especially in public sector settings.
- Direct experience in developing business and revenue generation plans.
- Strong understanding and experience with activity-based costing.
- Excellent knowledge of health financing principles.
- Proven ability to work in a team setting, particularly in a mentoring or supervisory capacity.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- In depth understanding of the context and supply chain landscape in Malawi
- Knowledge and ability on use of Microsoft Office computer operations and accounting packages including SAGE, ACCPAC and the accounting package of ERP systems such as Navision.
- Proven ability to undertake multiple and simultaneous tasks.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Excellent report writing, presentation, and business-mapping skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to operate without direction.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Classification: Long-Term Local Staff
Supervision: The Business Processes and Financial Management Expert will report to the Team Leader in Malawi.
Application instructions: Please apply through the link below by submitting a CV no later than November 22, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.