The Business Development Officer will be supervised by the Country Director and will support the implementation of R4H’s resource mobilization plan for the profit arm. The Business Development Officer will be primarily responsible for supporting R4H in its fundraising efforts. They will lead the development and execution of R4H business marketing plans. They will be responsible for administration and operations of all marketing and business functions relating to the business arm of R4H.
- Analyze current and past expense budgets, sales, product deficiencies, and revenues. Make recommendations for the R4H’s growth and improvement
- Contribute to the development of the resource mobilization strategy with support from finance and program staff
- Prepare annual marketing budget and track expenses
- Engage in market research in order to identify new opportunities for business
- Develop comprehensive knowledge about the business and its development practices, its marketing activities, prospective clients, and the trends for the industry
- Determine cross-selling opportunities among different offices
- Collaborate with the communications team to market the organization to potential partners
- Support regional/district staff in the development of regional/district level proposals for business
- Represent R4H in forums related to the industry, such as conferences and client discussions
Customer service and management
- Manage the customer experience, from explaining to potential customers the benefits offered by R4H products and services to. closing business deals
- Develop business proposals for existing and new customers
- Develop innovative strategies for retaining clients, including undertaking interviews in order to get feedback and incorporate it into the growth plan
- Manage the client relationship management database
- Organize and execute special events with corporate and institutional donors
Skills and Experience
Items indicated with an asterisk (*) are required
- At least two years of professional experience in marketing, fundraising or sales*
- Experience supporting successful business operations*
- Experience designing and/or implementing a business development strategy*
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders, such as customers, donors, partner organizations, etc.*
- Strong verbal communicator, ideally including experience using negotiating strategies*
- Passionate about building the capacities of team members*
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in business administration, marketing or related field
- Experience identifying business opportunities for both tangible and intangible products
- Experience managing staff
- Experience writing analytical reports
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good contributor in teamwork environments
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong strategic thinking ability in communications and public relations environment
- Flexible and capable of working under pressure and tight deadlines, with demonstrated ability to prioritize across multiple projects and relationships
- Creative and innovative thinker, with demonstrated analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, but with self-sufficiency and self-motivation
- Past success monitoring and meeting specific sales or fundraising goals
About the Organization
R4H, formerly known as Riders for Health (RFH), was established in Malawi in 2011 as part of Riders for Health International. R4H is a humanitarian non-governmental organisation working to assist the Ministry of Health and Population in establishing a well-coordinated, reliable national sample transport mechanism. R4H also support the Ministry of Transport in training motorcycle riders/users in road safety. R4H’s vision is to be the number one health logistics provider in Malawi, ensuring healthcare reaches everyone everywhere.
Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics
Click here to learn about the stipend, benefits, and logistics associated with the GHC fellowship.
Note: these vary depending on placement country and citizenship.
To apply for this job please visit ghcorps.org .