As Finance and Operations Director for a large-scale USAID-funded project, you will be responsible for and serve as primary coordinator for all aspects of project finance, administration, compliance, and sub-award management. You will also provid
e leadership and management of operational functions including Human Resources (HR), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Administration, Information and Communication Technology, and Security and Audit. This position is contingent upon funding.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 15% in Malawi.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Excellent relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching/mentoring skills.
rong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- 5 years of experience in financial planning and management, procurement, and operations management and developing and managing large budgets and sub-awards
- 3 years of experience in direct supervision of professional staff.
- In-depth knowledge of US government rules and regulations and experience with USAID contracts and acquisition mechanisms.
- Familiarity with Oracle or similar or financial management software highly preferred.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment that reflects CRS’ commitment to diversity and gender equality.
- Knowledge of procurement and office administration/management issues.i>
- B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent). MBA or Master’s degree in related field with a focus on Accounting preferred. A professional certification in Accounting or a related field highly preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience in a similar position, preferably with an International NGO.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
? Continuous Improvement & Innovation
? Builds Relationships
? Develops Talent
? Accountability & Stewardship
* Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
* Disclaimer : This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibiliti
es associated with the position.* **Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination. CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and har
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.**