ABOUT THERE IS HOPE
There is Hope is a Christian Non-Governmental Organization which was registered under the Malawi Trustees Incorporation Act on 31 December 2007. We are a member of NGO Board and CONGOMA (Council for Non-Governmental Organizations in Malawi).
There is Hope is looking for an Administrative Officer to be based at its Lilambwe Centre in Dowa opposite Dzaleka Refugee camp. Those who meet the job requirements can apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews. There is Hope is an equal opportunity employer.
The main purpose of the position is to provide a comprehensive range of high -quality administrative support at the Lilambwe Centre and to ensure that all aspects of the day- to -day activities operate efficiently and effectively.
Duties and Areas of Responsibility
The main duties of the Administrative Officer position are categorized into three key areas:
- Day to day operations
- Ensuring that the office has adequate office supplies. i.e stationery, equipment, toiletries, and maintaining record of usage.
- Handling office bills such as electricity, ensuring that they are settled in a timely manner.
- Dealing with general enquiries from clients, partner organisations and stakeholders.
- Managing Centre facilities which include maintenance issues.
- Managing health and safety at work including ensuring availability of valid fire extinguishers, storing first aid kits and organizing safety trainings.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or any urgent issues as required.
- Ensuring that buildings and surroundings are clean and tidy at all times.
- Conduct performance appraisals for all reports.
- Prepare and monitor budget for the Centre administration.
- Prepare periodic reports on Centre administration for management.
- Oversee policy adherence, making accessible all TIH policies.
- Provide assistance and information to staff and outside organizations regarding centre activities; maintain contact via telephone or written correspondence.
- Inventory management
- Receiving and checking of all departmental requisitions and ensuring that they are complete before sending to Headquarters for further processing.
- Dealing with suppliers whenever there is need.
- Fleet Management
- Assist in management of TIH vehicles and always ensure safe use of the vehicles.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Management from a recognized University;
- Ability to manage people;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Chichewa;
- Knowledge of Microsoft office;
- 3-5 years relevant experience in a busy organization preferably a school/college.
If interested please apply using this link> https://forms.gle/LxdqkWXQVyDqRiNB6
The deadline for receiving applications is 14 th April, 2023.
Those who already applied need not to reapply.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle .