- Provide support to the procurement activities;
- Liaise with finance team on payments to vendors/suppliers;
- Monitor and keep accurate records of the Project Asset & Inventory Registers;
- Support the delivery arrangements of all goods including printed materials;
- Establish a good working relationship with suppliers, including the establishment of maintenance agreements for items such as generators, ICT equipment etc.
Events and Logistics
- Supporting the Technical Team in the organisation of events, meetings and workshops;
- Administer finances at events, in accordance with Mott MacDonald Finance procedures, when required;
- Liaising with hotels and accommodation providers;
- Support in the effective mobilisation of international staff and sub-consultants coming from overseas, including:
- Communications with UK team members for support with visa applications, flight bookings, and security briefings;
- Management and timely communication of local arrangements such as airport transfers and hotel bookings;
- Supporting the development and regular update of welcome packs and induction information;
- Also support in the development of similar arrangements for managing mobilisation from overseas directly to the field.
- Provide support to the finance team at head office through producing forecasts and budgets for work activities based on the estimates on the Rolling Work Plan. This includes collating activity costing and providing support for preparation of the working estimates.
- Responsible for petty cash management and ensuring regular reconciliation of cash balance for review by the project accountant. Accountable for cash count and reporting on cash count exercise on a weekly basis.
- Assist with the compilation of weekly payments for processing at Head office on a weekly basis i.e. Every Monday.
- Support finance during workshops, meetings and conferences
- Ensuring a regional asset register is in place and updated on a monthly basis.
- Supporting sub-consultants with their administration and other arrangements;
- Managing the mobile communications (project phones, phone credit, internet, etc);
- Liaise with the Programme team to manage meeting room bookings, and ensure the room is set up as per need;
- Maintain operations records in accordance with Mott MacDonald processes and procedures;
- Supporting in the ethics, transparency and accountability principles of the Programme and of Mott MacDonald;
- Be proactive and responsive to performing any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager or Senior Management Team.
- Experience handling logistical challenges in Malawi and in negotiating to ensure efficient use of resources;
- Experience of organising events – managing bookings, invitations, advertising, printing, and on-the-day requirements;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English;
- Willingness to be pro-active, responsive and flexible to the changing requirements of the project;
- Excellent IT skills and confidence in Outlook, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to coordinate various activities at the same time;
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure;
- A team player with experience of working within team hierarchies and towards the common vision of a programme;
- Ability to liaise with UK-based staff in English by email and telephone.
Other desirable competencies and experience
- Experience of working on donor-funded programmes in multi-national teams;
- Ability to draft letters in English;
- Ability to draft processes and procedures in English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture
Strengthening the Teaching of Primary School Mathematics in Malawi is a 3-year programme that aims to improve student learning outcomes in mathematics, so girls and boys have a solid foundation in basic skills to succeed in the rest of their schooling and fulfil their potential. The programme will provide technical assistance to facilitate the revision of the mathematics curriculum for lower primary (standards 1-4), develop corresponding teaching and learning materials, design teacher training strategies (including school-based support structures), rigorously pilot the new materials and training strategies, document impact, refine the materials and training strategies, and then oversee the national scale-up. The Programme will operate from the Malawi Institute of Education (MIE), based in Zomba during its pilot phase, and thereafter will be coordinated from the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology in Lilongwe.
To apply for this job please visit www.mottmac.com .