Young Malawians want opportunities, not handouts. They want to take their own steps out of their circumstances. To shape their own futures. To walk their own route out of poverty. To lead those around them. Given access to quality education, learning resources and the internet young people in Malawi will achieve their potential. They will develop their communities and bring prosperity to the nation. Lingadzi Leadership Academy Secondary School is a place to Learn, Play and Grow. It is a secondary school that produces the future leaders of Malawi.
Built and supported by UK Charity Building Malawi it offers a high-quality education to 160 students. The Lingadzi Academy facility is the best around and features a library, a hall, offices, four classrooms, a laboratory, a computer room, 5 full-size football pitches. a hard netball court, a police station, a borehole and water tower and a tree nursery. Lingadzi Leadership Academy Secondary School will provide its students with excellence in academic results, sports, computer literacy, Science Technology Engineering Math’s and tree planting/ permaculture knowledge in a secure and safe environment. Whilst supported by Building Malawi UK the school will be financially self-sufficient. Unlike other private schools the school will not be profit making. The emphasis from management will be to re-invest profits back into the educational outcomes of the students. It will open on 4th January 2022 with the post of Head Teacher opening immediately.
Secondary School Bursar.
The Lingadzi Leadership Academy Board of Directors seek a driven, bright leader to take the role of full-time School Bursar of Lingadzi Leadership Academy Secondary to help shape the vision of the school and operate the school to an exceptional level. The school is located in Mthandire Lilongwe. Reporting to the Board of Directors.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities.
- We are looking for a Bursar to oversee the day-to-day operation of our financial services, like collecting tuition fees and managing account receivable/payable. Your main responsibilities include management of our budget, procurement and payment of supplies and setup of our financial procedures.
- To be successful in this role, you should be able to perform multiple tasks in a timely and effective manner, under minimum supervision. He or she will be responsible for managing school asset in support with the Head Teacher. Do monthly financial report include reconciliation. Oversee day-to-day cash management
- Keep organized books of tuition fees and files of receipts
- Prepare expense reports on a regular basis
- Manage annual budget
- Conduct cost and productivity analyses
- Review employment contracts and terms of services
- Design and update financial procedures
- Liaise with Head Teacher and school Directors
- Report to the school general on performance and investment/funding opportunities
Requirement for the Bursar
- Proven work experience as a Bursar in Secondary school. Computer literacy (MS Excel in particular)
- Strong financial management skills
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and best practices
- Familiarity with budget preparation and cash flow management
- Solid time management skills with an ability to prioritize work
- Excellent analytical skills and experience creating reports and presentations
- Diploma in Accounting, Business Management or relevant degree
How to apply
DEADLINE: 8TH OTCOBER 2021.
To apply, please send an email to [email protected] with your CV attached, or a note that details your academic achievements and wider interests including:
- Your CV
- Your strengths (what you’re good at)
- Your interests (what you like to do outside of work — a work life balance is important!)
Please make it interesting and tell us the exceptional things you have achieved in your life so far and things you would like to achieve in the future.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Lingadzi Leadership Academy Board