The African Potato Association Conference is a triennial meeting organized by the African Potato Association (APA), a non-profit organization launched in 1983. The APA Council seeks the services of undergraduate IT Intern to provide technical support for the APA conference.
The IT intern will work hand in hand with the communication sub-committee by offering support to the APA 2022 secretariat whenever necessary.
The position : This position will be based in Lilongwe, Malawi and will report directly to the Secretary of APA Secretariat.
- Taking a lead role in maintenance and development of the site APA2022 website
- Work closely with the APA communications sub-committee and CIP Communications team to ensure the website content/brand compliance
- Taking a lead role in maintenance and development of the APA2022 Abstracts and Registration Management Database
- Provide technical support to conference delegates who wish to register or submit presentations via the online database
- Provide technical support to conference organizers with regards to accessing the Abstracts and Registration database
- Supporting the APA2022 Scientific presentations review process
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in any Information Technology discipline.
- Familiarity with web and application development technologies such as HTML, CSS, PHP and MySQL.
- Experience with web content management systems. Knowledge of WordPress and / or Drupal will be an added advantage.
- Strong English proof reading and editing skills
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office
- Content development skills for social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, SoundCloud and other new media tools to deliver messages across the website.
- Knowledge on the use of web analytics.
- CIP provides the opportunity to work in a prestigious international organization.
- Excellent working environment.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
- Learning agreement is initially for 6 months with the possibility of renewal.