Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Accountable to provide support in the development of cohesive proposal budgets and to ensure compliance with the funder’s and lead partner’s requirements. Accountable for the adoption of methods and best practices in cost proposal design, further strengthening stakeholder confidence in Heifer’s proposal development.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
Financial Acumen; Analytical; Detail-Oriented; Organized and optimizes work processes; Plans and aligns; Ensures accountability; Manages complexity; Improvisation and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment; Collaborates; Builds effective teams; Communicates effectively; Organizational savvy.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
A. Lead and coordinate the development of budgets, budget narratives and other components of cost application for USG, non-USG institutional, foundations and private donor proposals; review solicitations and analyze the cost proposal requirements to provide; work with other stakeholders to collect inputs for the budget. Take part in the budget negotiations with partners and ensure compliance with cost proposal requirements. (75%)
- A document listing all budgetary requirements by the funder as related to this opportunity.
- Costing models that ensure proposals are competitive and compliant with donor guidelines; Budget scenarios for the proposal team to review and decide on the best scenario that will ensure a competitive bid.
- Budget alignment between the cost proposal and the technical approach; Budget line items accurately reflect the proposal technical approach.
- Budget alignment with Heifer’s internal policies and procedures.
- Budget draft and narrative shared with proposal team and country finance staff for input.
- Near final budget draft and narrative to be shared with Green and Red teams for review.
- Final competitive budget that is aligned with technical proposal for submission to funder on time.
- Develop and maintain regional country specific cost assumptions database creation and maintenance.
- As needed and at the request of the Sr Cost Proposal Manager, design budget templates and budget narrative for different types of solicitations and cost assumptions, database, pipeline and costing calendar updates and/or training programs and training materials.
- Assist in maintaining cost proposal library for improving budgeting and internal business processes
- Collaborate with GFO Directors and Programs team
B. Review budgets and budget narratives (15%)
- Perform budget reviews, integrity checks and assist with budget production
C. Perform other job-related duties as assigned. (10%)
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Business Administration or Business Development or another field of study that includes quantitative analysis plus five (5) years of related experience
- Fluency in English language
- Two (2) or more years in working in remote/branch office, requiring frequent communication with home office and other branch offices.
- Fluency in Spanish language
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Knowledge of the NGO business sector, including compliance requirements of the government; Knowledge of institutional funders for international development, a plus.
- Knowledge of developing cost proposals for major funders including USAID, EU, UN and/or other bilateral and multilateral agencies.
- Knowledge of federal regulations 2 CFR 200
- Experience managing complex, multi-partner cost proposals.
- Excellent MS Excel skills.
- Negotiation skills in a prime/sub role.
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce high-quality work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal colleagues and external clients.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, coaching and communication skills.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to communicate clearly to a variety of colleagues and diverse constituents at all levels, in both oral and written communication via phone, email or in person in English and Spanish.
- Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to work under pressure, perform multiple tasks and manage consistently competing priorities.
- Must be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment. Must be flexible and able to improvise to handle a variety of situations.
- Highly motivated with a willingness to work closely in a team as well as independently for extended periods.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, in rural areas.
- Must be able to perform simple and complex mathematical computations
- May require constant sitting; working at a computer and focusing for extended periods and performing office environment activities while on the road and/or in remote conditions.
- Ability to maintain close relationships and work with team members from a distance and with limited opportunity for personal interaction.
- Constant face-to-face, electronic and telephone communication with colleagues and the general public.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com .