Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the – Humanitarian Performance and Operational Data Analyst at any existing Save the Children office location. The purpose of this role is to support the development, rollout and maintenance of processes, tools and ways of working to strengthen Save the Children’s use of data to inform strategic and operational decision making, in order to deliver high-quality responses for children effected by humanitarian crisis.
The Humanitarian Performance and Operational Data Analyst is an important role within the humanitarian team, responsible for enabling performance, insight and continuous improvement practices, using internal and external data to identify key trends and opportunities for improvement across the global humanitarian function
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to closely analyse data and evidence, to identify trends, draw out implications, and make recommendations for improvement to key processes.
- Ability to capture and interpret users’ data requirements in order to present data in a clear and compelling way which assists business decision making
- Creative with strong data visualisation skills. Demonstrable experience of using data visualisation tools effectively, including Power BI.
- Able to work with and analyse large volumes of incomplete data from disparate sources and identify trends and patterns.
- Ability to extrapolate data to predict trends over time.
- Outstanding attention to detail. Ability to assess data confidence level and adjust approach to analysis based on the quality of the data.
- Experience improving data quality over time through continuous improvement.
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- A critical thinker with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral English) including the ability to communicate and present both at a technical and non-technical level.
- Self motivated with the ability to maintain focus when completing mundane tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence the development of data solutions which best meet business requirements.
- Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
- Experience of working in humanitarian responses/development work at a country or head office level with a broad understanding of humanitarian operations.
- French or Arabic as a desirable