Mzuzu University is Malawi’s Second Public University established under the Laws of Malawi Cap 30:09, Mzuzu University Act No. 12 of 1997. The University is a dual mode public institution and hence has face-to face and open, distance and e-learning (ODeL) students. Mzuzu University also offers some of its programmes on block, week-end and vacation releases and through collaborations with international partners. The University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and facilitating fisheries and aquaculture laboratory work for students and researchers;
- Facilitating students’ research projects and educational tours;
- Administering tutorials, proper use of fisheries and aquaculture tools and equipment, field practical and outreach for students;
- Assisting students in data acquisition, analysis and interpretation as appropriate;
- Planning, budgeting, requisitioning and ensuring safe custody of tools and equipment for teaching, outreach and research;
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
- Bachelor of Science in Fisheries and Aquatic Science or equivalent obtained from a reputable and accredited institution of higher learning;
- Knowledge of Capture Fisheries, Aquaculture, Assessment of Aquatic Ecosystems, Water Quality Analysis, Fish Processing and Quality Management, Fish Disease and Parasite Identification, Fish Gear Fabrication, Boat Building, Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Fish Sampling and Identification, Fisheries Management; and
- Candidates with a relevant Master’s degree or at least two-year’ relevant experience will have an added advantage.
Mode of Application
The application should include an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional qualifications as well as the names and contact details of three traceable referees. The job title should be indicated on the envelope and sent to:
Private Bag 201
Or Electronic Submission:
Electronic submission of the application should be sent as attachments in PDF or MS Word format to [email protected] . The subject line of the application should show the position being applied for. To reach the University not later than Friday, 13th August 2021 . Note that only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.