Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Salary: Local Terms & Conditions apply
Contract: 2-year Fixed Term Contract
As the Administrative Assistant you will support the Country Director, Programme Manager and Finance and Support Services Manager with day-to-day administrative duties.
The Administrative Assistant will schedule meetings, coordinate travel plans and liaise with the Travel Team to ensure documents and itineraries are in order. You will submit expenses, provide meeting support, and deliver ad-hoc administrative duties to further support the Country Director and Managers when required.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
· Organise project/programme meetings, travels, seminars and other project related activities
· Accurately handle all travel arrangements, including hotel reservation, flight reservations and ticket purchases, visas and other immigration requirements.
· Writing correspondence on behalf of the Country Director and Managers including drafting letters, emails and response letters as required.
· Overseeing the office premises and the general maintenance of office equipment and ensuring all equipment are always in good working condition.
· Ensuring smooth operation of the IT system – email, internet
· Management of contract with landlord, IT consultant, cleaning company and relevant suppliers.
· Provide effective supervision of the Drivers/Admin/Office Assistants to perform assigned roles and responsibilities.
As the successful candidate you will have a degree/tertiary qualification in Administration/Management, or equivalent. You will have a background in an Administrative Support role, have working experience of using Microsoft programmes and experience of working across different cultures.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills, please read the complete Job Description for further details.
Closing date: 21 November 2021
Interview dates: Week commencing 6 December 2021
As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Sightsavers is not willing to accept unsolicited agency resumes, we are therefore unable to adhere to any terms of business related to unsolicited resumes. *