Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the vacant position of Accountant which is tenable at our Blantyre Office.
The position reports to the Assistant Manager and Head of Finance and Accounting in undertaking the Accounting Function according to New Apostolic Church policy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of annual financial statements and relevant schedules for Audit
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual Management Accounts
- Prepare Annual Budget proposal for submission to head office
- Supervise Accounts Staff and Apostle Area Secretaries
- Process payments and pass to Assistant Manager for approval
- Ensuring income and payment systems are compliant with the organization’s policies and procedures
- Maintenance of an up to date fixed Asset register
- Periodic review of internal controls
- Prepare payrolls
- Assist in the design and allocation of jobs in the department
- Submit an analysis of the financial performance of the organization
- Assist in investment management
- Conduct periodic inventory counting (stock taking)
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification for the Job
• A graduate Degree in Accounting from a reputable University.
• Holder of professional accounting qualification such as ACCA or CIMA.
• A minimum of 5 years professional accounting experience.
• A working knowledge of Sage Pastel
• Be able to meet deadlines
• Excellent reporting and presentation skills
• Managerial abilities
Remuneration commensurate with qualification
Method of Application
Interested persons should submit applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae and three (3) names of traceable referees by 05 November, 2021 to:
The Assistant Manager
The New Apostolic Church
P O Box 132
Email : [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.