Fodya SACCO an affiliate on Malawi Union of Savings &Credit Cooperatives Ltd (MUSCCO) is a member owned and democratically controlled financial cooperative society that aims at providing quality and affordable financial services to its members, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of SACCO ACCOUNTANT.
Roles and responsibilities
Reporting to the SACCO Manager
- Manage SACCO’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
- Liaising with External/Internal Auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out.
- Support formulation of long- & short-term business plans
- Manage SACCO’s budget formulation, implementation and reporting system
- Manage SACCO Credit and liquidity management system
- Producing accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Developing and managing external relationships with appropriate contacts e.g. External Auditors, Bankers, Statutory Regulators, MUSCCO etc.
- Preparation of general ledger account reconciliations
- Keep up to date on documents/reports/guidelines/audit files in an appropriate manner
- Supervision of accounting/finance staff.
Qualifications and attributes
The ideal candidate should have
- A Degree in Accounting or Finance with 3 years’ experience Or Diploma in accountancy/Finance with 5years experience.
- Must possess a strong analytical skills and ability to exercise own initiative and judgement.
Proven knowledge of Accounting Packages and Micro-soft Windows especially excel, word,
- Knowledge of Aspect financials 360 core is an added advantage.
Applications with a copy of the Curriculum Vitae (CV) and three traceable referees must be submitted by close of business on Thursday 20th January, 2022 through email [email protected] or to the following address:
The SACCO Manager
P O Box 40048,