At MSI Reproductive Choices we are unapologetically pro-choice. We believe that every woman has the right to make choices about her own body and her own future. As one of the world’s leading providers of contraception and safe abortion care, we give women the means to do so. Across 37 countries, we provide high quality, safe services, and work with advocacy to create an enabling environment, so every client has safe access to services when and where they are needed. Because when a woman can determine her own future, she can contribute to creating a better, more sustainable future for everyone.
MSI Reproductive Choices is committed to creating an inclusive environment with a workforce which is representative of the communities we serve. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and give equal consideration to all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. We are committed to promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
About the Role
In line with MSI’s new global 10-year strategy, MSI2030, MSI’s country programmes (CPs) have developed national strategic plans that outline their goals and business objectives. Building relationships with existing and new donors, mapping opportunities for funding, and creating new partnerships will be essential to ensure adequate funding is available to achieving the goals of MSI2030 .
The Regional Fundraising Manager will play a significant role in working with MSI regional teams and CPs to develop, improve and implement country-level fundraising strategies, and positioning with donors and potential partners to influence and build new grant funding opportunities. The role will have a strong capacity transfer and training function, working closely with regional teams to analyse regional strategies and funding gaps, disseminate learning, and build communities of practice. The Regional Fundraising Manager will also work with MSI’s government and foundation donor leads to leverage MSI’s global donor engagement strategies to maximise opportunities for bilateral funding opportunities.
MSI CPs capacity to frame our work, develop messaging and presentation materials and manage relationships with donors varies across the Partnership. To maintain and increase MSI’s funding base, CPs’ will increase their engagement with donors and partners at country level and develop the relationships, messaging and materials necessary to communicate the value add of MSI’s work. This role will be key in improving country-level fundraising and embedding a fundraising culture and skills at country level within the MSI partnership.
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- Extensive experience working in business development or fundraising in the international development, humanitarian, or climate change sectors
- Proven successful engagement with donors, with clearly secured funding outcomes
- Proven experience in maintaining and developing the donor relationships necessary for effective fundraising
- Experience developing regional and country level fundraising strategies
- Developing and delivering engaging presentations and pitches
- Proven experience in the design and delivery of training and capacity building workshops
- Experience in proposal writing and budgeting
- Proven relationship building skills and ability to work jointly and effectively in cross-cultural settings and with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Confidence and ability to represent organisational interests in external meetings and fora.
- Demonstrable success in influencing internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written English/French communication skills
- For the West Africa based position a high level of spoken and written French proficiency is critical
- Strong project management skills with demonstrable ability to meet deadlines and perform under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and prioritise to manage multiple and competing demands from internal and external clients
- Strong presentation, training, analytical and strategic skills
- Ability to organise/present complex information in a visual and compelling way to different audiences
- Ability to take initiative and achieve results with limited supervision
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up
- Demonstrated reputation for consistently delivering results to a high standard
- Excellent IT skills: MS word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- A strong supporter of the cause of family planning and a woman’s right to safe abortion (pro-choice)
- Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups
- Team player, energetic, enthusiastic, and positive
- Quality-focussed and results-orientated
- Resourceful and takes initiative
- Highly organised and action orientated
- Determined to succeed
- Willingness to travel required (approximately 10% travel).
For more information about the role, please view the job description and person specification on our website.
Location: x1 position based in the East and Southern Africa region, and x1 position based in the West Africa region
Full-time: Monday to Friday, Country Programme contracted hours
Contract type: 18-month fixed term contract
Salary: UK salary range, £46,000 – £53,000 or Country Programme salary range + benefits + discretionary bonus
Closing date: 31st October 2021 (midnight GMT ). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates.
How to apply
For further information about the role, please view the job description and person specification on our website:
https://careers.msichoices.org/VacancyInformation.aspx?VId=124166 for the position based in West Africa
https://careers.msichoices.org/VacancyInformation.aspx?VId=125844 for the position based in East and Southern Africa
- Burkina Faso
- United Republic of Tanzania