We plan to recruit a Project Manager to lead the delivery of Tier III rated Data Centre project in Malawi. The Project Manager shall facilitate delivery of the project to the highest possible standard aligned to the business need and available funding. During all stages of the project lifecycle, the manager will work closely with all stakeholders, delivery partners and suppliers to ensure that investment benefits are realized.
· Delivery of a Tier III Data Centre project within the given environment and time period
· Planning, Supervision and financial management of the project and related workstreams
· Management of a range of key stakeholders
· Working with nominated business change representatives to ensure that business benefits can be realized through the delivery of the Data Centre.
· Line and Matrix management of project resources
· Ensuring that appropriate project management standards/processes are followed.
· Providing oversight on the recruitment and selection of project resources – both permanent and contract – as per the business/project requirements.
· Ensuring that the Supplier or Contractor meets the project performance targets.
· Supplier/ Contractor relationship management.
The Ideal Candidate
· Proven track record of delivery within a complex project environment
· Significant experience and strong delivery record in Data Centre project management
· Experience of managing diverse technology project teams with different skills sets and levels of experience.
· Proven practical experience in an accepted project management methodology.
· Significant experience of delivering projects in partnership with third party suppliers.
· Good knowledge of technology trends and technical detail/concepts
· Excellent communication skills (written, spoken and presentation), ability to grasp technical briefs quickly, draw out information from technically focused resources and translate technical to business as needed and adapt style to different audiences.
· Well organized, self-disciplined and motivated
· Ability to interpret and resolve sensitive commercial and contractual issues.
· Experience of Data Centre delivery project
· Knowledge of construction design and management (CDM) regulations
· Essential – Project management accreditation to Practitioner level or equivalent
· Desirable – ITIL foundation
· Desirable – Certified Data Center Management Professional (CDCMP®)
Mode of engagement
· The candidate will be an independent consultant using OCL facilities.
· The candidate will be reporting directly to the CEO/Sponsor
· The engagement shall be for a term of 12 months.
- A monthly Consultancy Fee of R100,000.00 payable in arrears (all inclusive)
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com .