Project title: „ Technical Assistance to the “AFIKEPO” Nutrition Programme in Malawi”
Brief description of the assignment : JNKE – Training and Capacity Needs Assessment
Description Of Work And Deliverables
Under each of the above specified technical areas, the JNKE will support the technical assistance team (TAT) and the Senior Non-Key Experts assigned, to perform the following tasks:
- Provide support for Establish of a Capacity Building Working Group (CBWG) (of approximately 10-15 participants), as part of the implementation of the DNCC capacity-building initiatives to be used in this particular activity and other relevant activities in the project.
- Provide support for developing the methodology and tools for training and capacity needs assessment.
- Participate in the development of a guidance manual for the training and capacity needs assessment.
- Undertake data collection for the training and capacity needs assessment under the guidance and supervision of the SNKE for the assignment.
- Support the development of a Capacity Building Strategy and action plan for DNCC capacity development initiatives under the project.
- Collect, review and harmonize all pre-existing guidelines, training materials and manuals for all cross-cutting issues for use under the Afikepo Programme to be incorporated into the Capacity Building Action Plan.
- Support the dissemination of the Capacity Building Strategy, action plan and the new harmonized and revised materials to the DNCCs.
- Participate in the development of relevant training modules for each selected topic area.
- Participate in the implementation of training modules and evaluation of the capacity-building support provided.
Commencement date of the assignment: 55 working days, 15 May 2021 to 31 July 2022
Duration of the assignment: 55 working days
Qualifications and skills:
- A University degree in a relevant field of Food and Nutrition training and capacity development. A Master’s degree is a clear advantage.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage.
General Professional Experience
- At least five years of general professional experience in training and capacity development in the area of food and nutrition in developing countries, working at the program and/or field implementation level.
Specific Professional Experience
- A minimum of three years experience working on the development and implementation of training and capacity development in the area of food and nutrition in developing countries.
- Proven experience in developing nutrition education and behaviour change communication materials.
- Knowledge of and experience in Malawi would be an added advantage.
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net .