FRT Holdings Limited (FHL) is a subsidiary of Farm Radio Trust (FRT), whose vision is to be a leading multimedia institution in Malawi, providing competitive and quality ICT and solutions products to the development sector. Its mission is to provide communication outreach services through ICT solutions and complementing services to the general populace in a sustainable manner through a market-led approach.
FHL is establishing a Radio Station (Mlimi FM). Mlimi Radio intends to recruit interns in some of its departments to provide opportunity for upcoming and enthusiastic broadcasters to have hands on experience.
Radio Programming Manager
Skills and Qualities
- An excellent command of English/Chichewa and a clear speaking voice. Those with additional local languages such as Yao, Sena and Tumbuka will have an added advantage
- Calmness under pressure and the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Should be ready to go through an intensive studio and field training
- Producing and presenting radio programs, adverts, and promos.
- Generating radio program contents.
- Developing production and presentation scripts.
- Researching radio program ideas.
- Sourcing potential contributors and experts for radio programs. Mobilizing communities for radio interviews.
- Collecting feedback from the audience through different feedback channels.
- Monitoring Farm Radio Trust sponsored pre-recorded radio program airs on different radio stations in Malawi.
- Training radio listening clubs on ICT use, including radio and Phone
- keep the programme running to schedule, responding positively and quickly to problems or changes and improvising where necessary
- Reading from auto-cues, learning a script or sometimes performing without formal preparation
- Manning on air shift for Mlimi Radio
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in journalism, mass communications or any related field
- Reference letter from school
- 3 Traceable referees
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their Motivation letter to the Head of Radio Station, Mlimi Radio no later than Friday 21 st January, 2022 through [email protected] . Recruitment will be done on a rolling basis.
The duty station for the position is Lilongwe. The interns may be deployed to other districts whenever necessary.