Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the HR Specialist or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer will support the implementation of the strategic and people-centered HR workplan as well as support the strengthening of an enabled, healthy and productive workforce.
The UNV will play a pivotal role in providing a wide variety of generalist HR services as well be a key member of the Malawi Country Office’s HR team to ensure business continuity of the HR function. The UNV will contribute to the overall achievement of transformative results for children by delivering on the following key HR responsibility areas, but not limited to:
- Provide accurate and timely HR policy interpretation, advice and solution-driven options to clients on HR-related processes, issues and needs.
- Partner with all relevant stakeholders to plan, coordinate, support and drive efficient, transparent, fair and equitable recruitment process for international, national as well as general service vacancies in accordance with UNICEF policies and regulations.
- Plan, coordinate, implement and manage personalized induction and orientation programmes for all new recruits.
- HR data management to help inform decision making on HR processes and strategies.
- Deliver effective HR projects that strengthen HR systems and best practices.
- Support activities related to the improvement of the working environment and culture change initiates in order to improve the positive employee experiences as well as promote overall staff wellbeing.
- Assist the HR Manager and HR team with additional duties and responsibilities as and when required and as deemed necessary for the effective performance of the HR function.
- At least a Bachelors degree in a relevant area, e.g. Human Resource Management, Business Management, Psychology or another related field is required.
• At least 5 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in human resource management and generalist HR services is required.
• Proven experience in the full talent acquisition/recruitment process, learning and development and performance management.
• Proven experience in initiating, planning and managing special HR projects.
• Good understanding of employee-centric approaches to employee wellness programmes is required, including proved experience in organizational culture change initiatives.
• Ability to identify issues, collaborate and make conclusions and recommendations.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills, high proficiency in preparing clear and concise reports, good presentation skills and ability to communicate with a diverse audience and influence clients.
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization is advantageous
- Excellent oral and written skills is essential.
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of business partners at different levels.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment; experience in working in SAP HRMS is highly advantageous.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Sound security awareness.
To apply for this job please visit www.unv.org .