Due to internal movement, Mary’s Meals International is delighted to be recruiting for a talented Head of Finance and Operations to provide effective and inspirational leadership for our team in Malawi.
We are looking for an experienced, strategic leader who thrives in a varied and challenging environment, as we strive to turn our aspiration into action, to reach the next child waiting for Mary’s Meals.
Based in Blantyre, you will empower your teams to build and maintain strong systems and processes, ensuring the required controls are in place and are adhered to diligently across the whole programme. This is more than a role, this is an amazing opportunity to have real impact in your daily work, you will be an advocate for the important work we do and a role model for everyone involved in the MM Malawi programme.
Reporting to our Country Director- Malawi and working as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, you will bring a strong strategic focus and play an important role in the ongoing implementation of our programme wide strategic aims.
Key duties include:
· Develop, implement and maintain robust systems of internal control to ensure good stewardship of Mary’s Meals resources, both financial and non-financial
· Oversee the financial management of MM Malawi and ensure timely monthly reporting and the annual audit process
· Lead the Finance and Operations function; encompassing Finance, Procurement, Security, Risk, Legal and IT
· Support the Country Director in the management of Mary’s Meals Malawi by ensuring the Finance and Operations function is delivered efficiently and effectively
· Support the Country Director in ensuring that Mary’s Meals Malawi programme is accredited and compliant with all legal requirements.
A qualified accountant, with significant post qualification experience, you will also bring significant experience of leading high performing teams, managing change and will be committed to keeping things simple, cultivating a culture of collaboration and innovation, and be committed to serving the children at the heart of our mission.
You will also bring:
· Good skills in conflict resolution/ problem solving, teamwork, crisis management, influencing, collaborative relationship and coaching
· Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Word and Excel
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and information to a range of audiences and stakeholders
· Extensive experience of budget and financial management and implementation of internal control frameworks
· Ability to apply judgement, creativity and flexibility to generate new and innovative ideas and approaches and to solve complex problems
· Strong track record of developing and implementing strategy and policy
Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. We continue to change the lives of over 1.8 million children who today will receive Mary’s Meals. We started our school feeding in Malawi in 2002 and now feed over 1 million children in Malawi every school day.
We are a values driven organisation, we believe in the innate goodness of people, respect the dignity of every human being and family life and believe in good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us. In line with our values, Mary’s Meals is fully committed to a culture of safeguarding.
How to apply
If you want to become part of a worldwide movement of people who will not accept that any child in this world of plenty should endure a day without a meal, then we would love to hear from you.
To apply, click this link Head of Finance & Operations – Malawi (2 year FTC) – Mary’s Meals International (workable.com) and tell us why you want to work for Mary’s Meals and why you would make a great Head of Finance & Operations here at Mary’s Meals.