Our client, a global logistics and supply chain company in both freight management and contract logistics seeks to recruit the Finance Manager to be responsible for the financial functions in Malawi including management of local staff, liaison with group on outsourced matters, reporting to cluster and head office, as well as to be a supportive role to local management
- Overall day to day management of the Finance Department including supervision of staff
- Annual evaluation of finance staff reporting to the Finance Manager
- Manage work performed by Accenture ensuring KPI’s are met
- Managing daily bank balances in ZAR and forex accounts, and transferring funds where required
- Sign off of cheque payments and release of electronic banking payments
- Review and sign off of monthly intercompany AP reconciliations and review and authorisation of intercompany and foreign agent payments
- All balance sheet recons must be signed off by the Financial Director by the end of the following month
- Processing month end journals and provisions.
- Preparation of the monthly Flash figures to BAMECA according to their reporting deadline dates
- Uploading of accounting information from the Matrix system into JDE and HFM, and preparation of the monthly schedules required in HFM according to the reporting dates. Strict adherence to the reporting deadlines is essential. Much of the monthly reporting is prepared and submitted by the Financial Director but in some cases information will need to be partly prepared, provided or assistance given in this regard
- Helping ensure that the Finance staff adheres to the requirements of SOX (which dictate the strict following of set procedures and the extensive evidencing of controls
- Salaries: This will include approval of the electronic transfer and ensuring that 3rd party payments are paid on due date (eg. PAYE, UIF,SDL, Provident Fund contributions, garnishee orders).
- Preparation and distribution of the monthly local Management accounts
- Playing a central role with the annual financial audit
- Assisting with tax reporting, tax returns and tax payments
- Preparing Forecasts and Budgets
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from GHO and BAMECA
- Assisting both Finance and Operational staff with queries
To apply for this job please visit www.cvpeopleafrica.com .