BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
The role is responsible for assisting in developing and delivering the Company’s strategy through the provision of the financial advice and management information as well as the development of financial knowledge and commercial awareness across the business.
Reports to: Head of Finance East Cluster
Location: Malawi – Blantyre
What you will be accountable for
- Review of all postings related to the AR and AP transactions.
- Manage all GL postings and review monthly actuals of statutory accounts.
- Timely preparation and submitting of tax returns & fixed assets management
- Preparation of GL and Accounts Payable Reconciliations & Monthly and adhoc stock takes
- Review and ensure all financial accounting records are accurate
- Ensuring that suppliers are paid on time.
- Support on working with internal audit, external audit, tax for AR/AP, GL
- Recommend operational improvements to build greater efficiency and productivity.
Essential experience, skills and knowledge
- Education: Degree in Accounting or Finance/studying professional stage of ACA
- Being a member of ICAM is a must-have
- 1-3 years’ experience in Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Cash Management and Tax
- Good command of English is a must
- Experience in FMCG would represent an advantage
- Systems: EXCEL knowledge required, and SAP knowledge would represent a plus
- Interpersonal and communication skills required
We are BAT
At BAT, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
Belonging, achieving, together
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bat.com .