Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. We continue to change the lives of over 2 million children who today will receive a Mary’s Meals. Mary’s Meals Malawi is our largest school feeding programme, and we work closely with schools and community volunteers who help prepare and serve the nutritious meals every school day.
Marys Meals Malawi is looking to recruit energetic and motivated individuals for the position of
Construction Supervisor (Blantyre)
The Construction Supervisor will plan, organize, and control all elements of the construction project. They will directly oversee the construction of kitchens, brick stoves, and any other structures as required by Mary’s Meals, through routine field visits and contract meetings. This role will work directly with contractors ensuring that construction projects are safe, that structures are built to Mary’s Meals specifications meeting all building codes, and resolve construction related issues as they arise.
- Diploma in construction and fundamental understanding of construction practices in Malawi. Those with a degree in a relevant subject will be an added advantage.
- Strong commitment to Mary’s Meals vision, mission and values
- At least 5 years’ experience in the construction industry managing building contracts
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Willingness to travel widely in rural Malawi.
- Experience of working for an NGO or international organisation.
- Possession of a valid driving licence and ability to drive a 4X4 motor vehicle
- Excellent planning and communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft word and excel for planning and preparing reports
Our selection process includes rigorous background checks to ensure our commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
If you would like to join our global family and would relish the chance to make a difference to the lives of thousands of children across the world, we’d love to hear from you.
Applications stating expected net salary and CV (including contacts for three professional referees) should be e-mailed to [email protected] indicating the position title and applicant’s name in the subject line . All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name. Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. Deadline for receipt of applications is Tuesday 11 th January 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For full job descriptions please visit www.marysmeals.org