Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the C4D Specialist (Nutrition) or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Communication for Development Specialist will:
- Support in designing, developing and disseminating materials on C4D activities, RCCE interventions in nutrition.
- Support in planning, implementation, and monitoring of social behaviour change activities in nutrition to demonstrate impact, scale and sustainability of C4D interventions.
- Support in strengthening community engagement in the roll out and implementation of the community behaviour tracking mechanism to promote uptake of optimal nutrition behaviours and improved household and community decision making.
- Support in the production, translation, dissemination and knowledge management of C4D activities for internal and external platforms/ audiences.
- Support in the development and design of culturally acceptable, user-friendly IEC/training packages for communities to strengthen community engagement and feedback
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant area, e.g. communication or social/behavioral sciences.
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national level in social behavior change programmes, documentation and knowledge management or other relevant programmes
- Experience working with the UN is an asset as is experience working with any other international development organization
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Chichewa(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet;
- Familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment
To apply for this job please visit www.unv.org .