Malawi – Chief of Party (COP)
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Khulisa seeks a qualified and experienced Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated multi-year USAID Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activity in Malawi. For more information on Khulisa see www.khulisa.com
The activity will (i) design, implement, and disseminate evaluations, assessments, surveys and monitoring analyses; (ii) facilitate intentional use of learning, and adaptive management among USAID/Malawi staff, implementing partners, and internal and external stakeholders; and (iii) build MEL capacity of USAID/Malawi and implementing partners, local organizations, and government counterparts.
This is a full-time position based in Lilongwe, Malawi and is contingent upon project award to Khulisa.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
The COP will be responsible for leading and managing the overall project, working closely with USAID counterparts and national-level government stakeholders.
Specifically, the COP will:
– Provide strategic direction, technical leadership, and project management to successfully implement project activities.
– Serve as the key Khulisa liaison with USAID/Malawi management units, implementing partners, local organizations, and government counterparts.
– Monitor the progress and pace of project implementation, assuring that the full potential of the project is realized through the production of high quality work and promotion of internal quality controls.
– Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical and management activities, including necessary adjustments to operations and budget to fit USAID requirements.
– Provide substantive technical contributions to project MEL activities, including but not limited to the design and implementation of performance monitoring systems; assessments, evaluations, learning/adaptive management activities, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks.
– Supervise, motivate, and coordinate the project team to meet evolving project demands.
– Oversee project budget and ensure compliance with Khulisa standard operating procedures and USAID rules and regulations
– Maintain high level of communication and relationship management with USAID, internal, and external program partners.
– Master’s degree in international development, politics, business, economics, statistics, social science, public policy, economics, or related field.
– Expertise in large-scale MEL including, but not limited to: performance monitoring methods, evaluation designs and statistical sampling), analytical methods, and knowledge management, learning and adaptive management processes
– Prior experience as a senior leader, DCOP or COP working on complex USAID-funded projects, as well as managing sizeable USG-funded contracts and budgets strongly preferr ed
– Experience building MEL capacities of USAID staff, implementing partners, and government counterparts, as well as operational capacities of organizations strongly preferred
– Significant experience leading and supervising multi-cultural high-performing teams and managing group dynamics.
– Familiarity with USAID collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) practices strongly preferred
– Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management , and communication / presentation skills.
– Experience working in international development in East and Southern Africa, preferably Malawi.
– English proficiency.
Khulisa is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Khulisa provides market-competitive salaries and employee benefits.
Please apply wish comprehensive CV highlighting.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com .