Young Malawians need opportunities, not handouts. They need to take their own steps out of their circumstances, shape their own future and walk their own route out of poverty so that they can lead those around them. Given access to high quality education, learning resources and the internet, young people in Malawi shall achieve their maximum potential. They will develop their communities and bring prosperity to the nation, Lingadzi Leadership Academy is a place to Learn, Play and Grow, It is an academy that that aims at producing future leaders of Malawi. Built and supported by UK Charity Building Malawi, it will offer high-quality education to over 160 students. The Lingadzi Academy facility has a good library, a hall, offices, four classroom blocks, a laboratory, a computer lab, 5 full-size football pitches, a hard netball court, a police post, a borehole and water tower and a tree nursery.
Lingadzi Leadership Academy will provide its students with excellence in academic results, sports, computer literacy, Science and Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and forest management/permaculture knowledge in a secure and safe environment. Whilst supported by Building Malawi UK, the school will be financially self-sufficient. Unlike other private schools the school will not be profit making. The emphasis from management will be to re-invest profits back into the educational outcomes of the students. The school will open on 4th January 2022.
A job Opportunity has risen.
The Lingadzi Leadership Academy Board of Directors seeks bright self-driven leaders to take the role of full-time teachers in Humanities, Languages and Sciences at the Academy to help shape the vision of the school and operate the school to an exceptional level. The school is located in Mtandire Lilongwe.
Post: Secondary School Teacher (8 posts)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill vacant positions of full-time secondary school teachers in Humanities, Languages and Sciences at the Academy. Applicants should be holders of a diploma or degree in Education obtained from an accredited institution. Those with teaching experience will have an added advantage.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Identifying and preparing teaching and learning materials
* Devise methods and resources for teaching and assessing students’ performance.
* Creating and maintaining a conducive learning environment
* Planning schemes and record of work for teaching
* Planning and teaching student centered lessons
* Prepare and maintain all classroom records
* Prepare and mark all tests and give feedback to students on time.
* Attending to all school activities as may be required
* Providing guidance and counseling to students
* Undertaking any other duties assigned from time to time by the school management.
* Be a self-motivated team -player of high integrity
* Have the knowledge and understanding of the secondary education in Malawi
* Personal and professional growth
* Have excellent interpersonal skills
* A mature self-starter and results oriented
* Ability to work with minimum supervision
Diploma or Degree in Education from accredited institution Or any other relevant degree with a University Certificate in Education (UCE)
Those with University teaching certificate and experience.
Those with teaching experience will have an added advantage.
Method of Application
All applications attaching copies of certificates should be sent to [email protected] not later than Friday 3 December, 2021 and those shortlisted will be interviewed in the week in following week
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews.