Vacancy : Project Extension Officer – 2 Positions
Department : Programmes
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Project Officer will play an important role in implementing the interventions of the Development Fund of Norway supported Scaling Up Climate Adapted Agriculture Project in Malawi and Mozambique Programme. He /she will facilitate an increased climate resilience and well-being of rural communities in target Agriculture Extension Planning Areas through improving food security and nutrition for rural households; increasing economic empowerment for rural households, especially women, youth and marginalized groups; improving government services and legal frameworks in line with rural communities’ needs, rights and priorities; and facilitating increased influence and recognition of rural women and marginalized groups within their households, grassroots organizations and communities.
The Project Officer will ensure that the project participants and stakeholders involved with the project are using recommended implementation approaches and methodologies. This position will coordinate participatory planning, implementation, and monitoring of project interventions in close collaboration and coordination with partners and stakeholders.
Essential Character Traits
Accountable, results oriented, good communication skills, proactive, flexible, team player and respectful.
Diploma or Degree in Agriculture or Natural Resources Management or any related field. The candidate should also have at least one to three years of work experience. Other job-related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements.
Most Critical Proficiencies
Strong project implementation skill including planning, management of project budgets and
- Basic knowledge of issues associated with poverty, hunger, and the environment
- Basic knowledge of agriculture extension and community development in principles and practices
- Experience working with women and men smallholder farmers
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record in generating innovative solutions in work situations: utilizing different and novel ways to deal with work problems and address opportunities
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- Strong report writing skills
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Excellent organization skills including strong attention to detail
- Computer proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail, and internet (Microsoft preferred)
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively and use a motorcycle.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully, and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity, and commitment to a high standard of accountability
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, cooperation and gender equity.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs.
APPLY: https://www.heifer.org/about-us/careers.html no hand delivered applications will be reviewed.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 19th November, 2021