NASFAM is a smallholder-owned and directed business system serving the interests of a growing membership across Malawi. It facilitates member access to input supplies and value-added output markets. Working with donor partners, it provides a range of development programmes which support improvement of member livelihoods, including productive capacity and quality of life. Through an active policy programme, NASFAM also speaks as the “voice of the smallholder” on the national and international arenas.
NASFAM is continuing implementation of its Strategic Plan to ensure that an increasing number of smallholder farmers can enjoy the benefits of membership.
To support this work, NASFAM is seeking the services of an individual to fill the post of Programmes Manager (PM)
The Position reports to Head of Programmes, Research, Monitoring and Learning and is responsible for providing support in the development of both traditional and corporate donor support for NASFAM and the successful delivery and coordination of programmes, projects and management of their interdependency.
The position is available at NASFAM Head Office in Lilongwe.
Key responsibilities include the following;
- Support the Head of Programmes, Research Monitoring and Learning in developing and maintaining donor support for NASFAM
- Develop new programmes to support the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor progress of activities for different projects and contribute towards ensuring that NASFAM’s programmes are effective and accountable at all levels.
- Manage donor maintenance related activities including donor reporting and donor quality assurance.
- Manage the development of good practices, effective, efficient and impactful programmes delivery in conjunction with all relevant departments and field offices and in line with donor agreements.
Minimum Educational Qualification of a first Degree in a development oriented
- Experience: At least 5 years in a similar role.
Key Competencies / Attributes and Skills
- Proven excellent knowledge and experience in programme design and implementation especially in the field of agribusiness, food security and agriculture development
- Proven experience in developing project proposals
- Ability to multi-task and manage a large portfolio of projects
- Strong communication skills;
- Experience in donor reporting
- Experience in managing donor and other relevant stakeholder relations
If you feel you want to be part of a dynamic and growing organisation which is making a real difference to rural and national development, and you meet the above requirements, please send your application with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three traceable referees and copies of certificates by 4pm on Wednesday the 24 December 2021 to:
The Human Resources Administrator
P.O. Box 30716
Fax: 265 1770-858
E-mail: [email protected]
NASFAM is an equal opportunities employer.
Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged.