We are looking for a reliable and experienced irrigation technician to install and service the organisation’s irrigation equipment. As an irrigation technician, you will be responsible for mapping out irrigation areas, installing equipment, testing the system, and conducting regular maintenance checks. You may also be required to install electrical timer systems, plumb outdoor water tanks, and connect water-recycling systems.
To ensure success as an irrigation technician, you should exhibit a strong work ethic, have detailed knowledge of irrigation techniques, and be able to operate heavy machinery when required. Ultimately, a top-level Irrigation Technician can expertly install any sized irrigation system to fit the needs of the organisation.
- Responsible for the work allocation and performance of allocated labourers and apprentices.
- Accuracy, timeliness and completeness of data, maintenance schedules and system machinery data
- Ensure crop water and nutrients requirement is met at all times.
- Maintenance and performance of all generators, pumps and associated machinery
- Effective and timely communication with all stakeholders within the business.
- Ensure that machinery performs to manufacturers specification.
- Assist the Irrigation Engineer/Manager to oversee the training of apprentices and take responsibility for personal CPD.
- Support the Irrigation engineer/Manager in monitoring performance of labourers and apprentices.
- Conducting routine machine maintenance checks and safe storage & movement of tools and equipment
- Troubleshooting and replacing faulty parts.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date records.
- Agriculture/Irrigation Diploma.
- Proven work experience as an Irrigation Technician.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of pumps, generators and other mechanical and processing machinery.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift heavy objects.
- Knowledge of soil, vegetation, and climate.
How to apply
Applicants who meet the required qualifications and skills should send their application together with detailed curriculum Vitae, motivation letter and Names of three traceable referees (preferably from their previous employers)
The deadline for receiving applications is 7th January 2022
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should submit their applications to