Farm Services Unit (FSU) is the agronomy entity within Meridian. FSU’s core functions are to provide agronomic assistance to our market in Smallholder and Estate farming sectors.
The role of FSU, General Manager, is a pivotal one within the group. Not only does it serve as the link between the end-user of our flagship product, SuperFert and Meridian, but as the key to further product development through scientific studies and programs.
Responsibility includes the overall management, coordination and provision of oversight, guidance concerning FSU operations. Specific technical expertise in support of the Group Strategy. While executing on specific strategic objectives within Malawi and the numerous locations we operate across, ensuring sustainable value creation and business growth.
- The incumbent will be required to interact extensively with Meridian Business Unit Heads, Government Departments and Research Institutions as well as Parastatals, Grants- and Investors.
- Building and maintenance of crucial and sensitive networks, relationships and commitments in-country.
- Required to expand the current network to include more robust research and drive and position FSU as the reputable source of information within agriculture for both the business and external stakeholders.
- Drive innovation and product development alongside Group Marketing and Group Information Technology Departments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree or Research PhD in Agriculture in a developmental context
- 5 to 10 years of experience, in both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Minimum of 7 years management experience, operationally as well as technically in a development context or country.
- Experience with Business Intelligence Software (Bi) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems – Advantageous
Only applications that are submitted through this post will be considered. Please do not contact the job poster as this will have no bearing on the application.
Successful applicants will be notified through our HR department from a valid meridiangsl.com domain.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com .