Mzuzu University is Malawi’s Second Public University established under the Laws of Malawi Cap 30:09, Mzuzu University Act No. 12 of 1997. The University is a dual mode public institution and hence has face-to face and open, distance and e-learning (ODeL) students. Mzuzu University also offers some of its programmes on block, week-end and vacation releases and through collaborations with international partners.
The University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
C. Department of Forestry and Environmental Management
Vacancy No. 4: Forest Nursery Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities
- Taking charge of the Forest Nursery;
- Supervising the nursery attendants in the Departmental Forest Nursery;
- Assisting students in their research work in the nursery;
- Raising ornamental plants and tree seedlings for research, demonstration and commercial purposes by the University;
- Participating in departmental outreach and research activities pertaining to forestry;
- Cleaning and keeping all equipment and tools to ensure their safety; and
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Head of the supervisor or Department.
- A Diploma in Forestry or its equivalent obtained from a reputable and accredited institution of higher learning; and
- At least three (3) years’ experience in nursery management.
Mode of Application
The application should include an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional qualifications as well as the names and contact details of three traceable referees. The job title should be indicated on the envelope and sent to:
Private Bag 201
Or Electronic Submission:
Electronic submission of the application should be sent as attachments in PDF or MS Word format to [email protected] . The subject line of the application should show the position being applied for. To reach the University not later than Friday, 13th August 2021. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged. Female candidates are encouraged to apply