Stock Controller Job Description
We are looking for a highly capable stock controller to manage our stock inventory. You will be analyzing supply chain data to ensure stock availability, placing purchase orders and transferring stock, and maintaining purchase and pricing reports.
To ensure success as a stock controller, you should possess above average computer skills (as we use a computerised stock management system), extensive knowledge of inventory management and experience in a related industry. An accomplished stock controller will be someone whose expertise translates into optimally maintained stock levels.
Stock Controller Responsibilities:
- Coordinating stock control operations with kitchen staff, as well as the restaurant and admin departments.
- Analysing supply chain data to ensure the uninterrupted availability of stock.
- Forecasting supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock (OOS).
- Evaluating vendors and suppliers’ offers and negotiating profitable purchase prices.
- Placing and receiving orders to replenish stocks as needed.
- Coordinating internal stock transfers.
- Overseeing stock storage processes, including recording, storage, and labeling.
- Maintaining a steady flow of stock from stores to where it is needed.
- Performing regular inventory audits and keeping stock purchasing within budget.
- Maintaining and updating daily movement records, as well as purchases and pricing reports.
Stock Controller Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in hotel management with specialisation in stores or Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business administration, or a related field preferred.
- A minimum of two years experience as a stock controller in a similar industry.
- Proficiency in inventory management software or must display great computer skills with an ability to learn.
- In-depth knowledge of inventory management principles and best practices.
- Experience in supply chain data analysis.
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superb negotiation, collaboration, and communication abilities.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com .