SECONDARY SCHOOL PRINCIPAL POSITION PROFILE
BMIS seeks a Secondary School Principal who is an emotionally intelligent experienced leader of learning. The Principal should be an excellent communicator who is empathetic and has strengths and a proven record in building and maintaining strong relationships in the community.
The Secondary School Principal is responsible for the running of the Secondary School and works closely with the Primary School Principal and the School Director, who is his/her direct supervisor. The Principal directly supervisors and works closely with the IB Diploma and MYP Coordinators, the Student Support Coordinators and the Approaches to Teaching & Learning (ATT/L) Coordinator. The Principal’s role is to support these coordinators and the teachers to deliver the programmes to the students. The full job description may be accessed here .
Areas for the new Principal to particularly focus on are:
- Developing strong relationships with and among faculty, staff, students, parents and the wider community.
- Being an open and transparent communicator.
- Curriculum development and articulation.
- Being visible and involved in all aspects of the Secondary School.
- Assisting the Director in recruiting and retain excellent Secondary School teachers.
- Recruiting and retaining Secondary School students.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Leadership role in an international school.
- A Master’s degree in Educational Leadership or similar.
- Leadership experience in at least one of the IB programmes.
- Experience living and working in the developing world
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
- An excellent listener
- Clear and open communicator
- Emotionally intelligent with a high degree of cultural literacy
- Visible and active in all aspects of school life.
- A sense of humour
- A flexible thinker
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
BMIS offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with position expectations and market benchmarks.
BMIS has selected Search Associates to assist them in the Secondary School Principal search, with Caroline Jacoby as the Lead Consultant. The deadline for applications is Saturday 23 rd October 2021. 6:00p.m. GMT.
Candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest and the required materials as early as possible as BMIS reserves the right to close the selection process AT ANY TIME if the right candidate is found. The review of applications begins as applications are received. Interested candidates who applied when this position was advertised in April/May 2021 need to submit another application.
Please note that we will not forward-on candidates for further consideration by the hiring school/organization if a candidate is under contract or otherwise encumbered in such a way that would preclude them from freely entering into a new employment contract, if offered, and being available for the start date stipulated by the hiring organization. Search Associates will contact the current employer/supervisor to request completion of a Search Associates Confidential Leadership Reference Form for all Applicants who emerge in the search as a Finalist.
Candidates should send the information listed below in a single PDF file attached to an email:
- A letter of application describing your interest in the Secondary School Principal position at BMIS, highlighting your strengths as a candidate and how your qualifications and experience align with the position profile and the school’s areas of focus.
- A current resume not to exceed two pages.
- A one (1) page list of four (4) referees who have been your direct supervisors, with current email addresses.
- A statement describing your leadership and educational philosophy, not to exceed two pages.
- The total document size should be kept at (4) MB.
To apply for this job please visit www.searchassociates.com .